Based in Utrecht, Netherlands
LUFTRAUSERS is a 2D dogfighting game about launching an experimental fighter plane from a submarine deep inside enemy territory and leaving behind a trail of style and burning wrecks everywhere it goes. Also the only game in which players can build & fly their own LUFTRAUSER.
The original LUFTRAUSER was a Flash-prototype created during a two-day jam and released for free as a 'Not Vlambeer'-game in 2011. The goal of LUFTRAUSER was to pilot a RAUSER while taking out as many hostile planes and boats as possible before eventually meeting a glorious & spectacular death. Since Serious Sam: The Random Encounter and GUN GODZ took over our schedule in the months following the LUFTRAUSER-release, we decided not to pursue improving the game at that time. However, in the office they had been constantly discussing the possibility of doing a full-scale LUFTRAUSER game. In April 2012, LUFTRAUSERS was announced.
- Sick gameplay that makes even the worst gamer feel like a proper ace all about destroying varied and challenging enemies with style.
- Tasty endless arcade gameplay with a spicy layer of optional challenges.
- Fully customizable RAUSERS, with over 255 deadly combinations.
- Stylish, tight and beautiful WWII meets Thunderbirds presentation.
- Realistic water physics.
- A dynamic soundtrack by famous DJ Kozilek.
- Infinite replayability and all that highscore madness.
LUFTRAUSERS Reveal Trailer (2012) YouTube
Original LUFTRAUSER Gameplay (2011) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Original LUFTRAUSER (2011)
The original LUFTRAUSER prototype as released in 2011 can still be played at not.vlambeer.com.
Original LUFTRAUSER (2011) Soundtrack
Available for €2 or more from kozilek.bandcamp.com.
Vlambeer is a Dutch independent game studio made up of Rami Ismail and Jan Willem Nijman, bringing back arcade games since 1774.
More information on Vlambeer, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Business & Development, Vlambeer
Jan Willem Nijman
Game Designer, Vlambeer
Paul 'Pietepiet' Veer
Roy Nathan de Groot
Jukio 'KOZILEK' Kallio